Fulfilling your dream of becoming an author on Kindle entails a lot of work, especially on your part. Aside from properly writing the content and turn it into an engaging book, you also need to take note of other small matters like the cover, illustration and many more.
Previously, all the authors have to do when they plan to publish their book is to go to the nearest well-known publishing house. However, with the advent of technology nowadays, self-publishing is very much achievable.
With self-publishing, it means you do both the tasks of an author and a publisher by yourself. Good thing that there are already a lot of tools and services available like kdspy to help would-be self-publishers.
Eager to start your self-publishing career? Then continue reading for more tips.
Essential self-publishing tools
- Keyword research
- Works similarly to SEO research wherein people type in keywords to facilitate searching
- Helps the author in looking for keywords that actual readers type into Amazon search
- Gives real-time data on the types of books that readers buy on Amazon, as well as the number of people searching for these words on a monthly basis
- Examples: KDSpy, KD Rocket
- Allows author to upload a Word document and apply a template for digital formatting
- Can also be used as a digital library
- Examples: Draft2Digital, Calibre
- An author should be able to look for a cover that perfectly fits the category of their book
- Should be eye-catching to attract more readers into buying your book
- Examples: Yasiv, Free Ebook Cover Creator, Canva, Fotalia
- Grammar checker
- Automatically checks grammar, spelling and sentence construction errors
- Works like an automated proof reader
- Examples: Grammarly, Ginger
- A blogging platform for self-publishers that allow social media integration using plugins and applications
- Amazon Author Central
- Allows authors to do the following functions:
- Edit book data
- Edit book description
- Add editorial reviews
There are still a lot of tools available on the internet if you know where to find them.